|Title:||Field Supervisor, Matting|
|Reports To:||Operations Manager, Matting|
The Field Supervisor, Matting will be an essential position that will assist in the project management, administration and general oversight of matting jobs. This includes, but is not limited to: customer service, booking manpower and working with Logistics for trucking requirements, tracking asset movement, monitoring inventory levels, as well as ensuring consistent and timely paperwork processing and collections. This role will also assist with matting inventory counts and help to eliminate any problems found between the system, yard counts and inventory control procedures.
- Coordinate and schedule all aspects of matting jobs from start to finish:
- Act as the main point-of-contact for customers for new and ongoing projects.
- Liaise with various teams to ensure proper process and paperwork flow.
- Schedule manpower and equipment needs.
- Work with Logistics to book all trucking vendors and ensure rates are within Strad’s negotiated rates.
- Review timesheets of operators and ensure accuracy of information.
- Collect, review and ensure proper sign-off on all field paperwork to ensure accurate information, proper documentation and timely turnaround to other departments within 48 hours.
- Communicate with all stakeholders of job status throughout project, this includes; Operations Manager, Branch Manager, Field Supervisors, Sales, Logistics, Accounts Payable and Billing.
- Review inventory and matting movement paperwork to ensure accuracy and detail within Strad’s asset tracking system (TrackQuip).
- Oversee and help to educate employees on proper mat grading assessments (A/B, Pipeline, etc.)
- Track heavy equipment maintenance and servicing as well as review (daily) inspection reports to identify equipment concerns or major upcoming repairs and downtime for management.
- Maintain and reinforce consistent paperwork procedures to ensure integrity of information and inventory movements.
- Help troubleshoot and reconcile inventory problems and find solutions that maintains data integrity within TrackQuip.
- Build strong customer relationships and ensure customer satisfaction by meeting their deadlines and addressing their needs and concerns during jobs.
- Assure all equipment, preventative maintenance and service is scheduled and performed; oversee and ensure accuracy of all the supporting documentation of work.
- Working with the Inventory Control Analyst and Branch Managers, coordinate and assist with the monthly count process, review results and identify necessary recounts.
- Communicate to customers and internal Strad teams an extensive knowledge and familiarity with Strad’s matting products.
- Responsible for some yard(s) maintenance, which could include helping with loading or moving of matting product around the yard on occasion.
- Additional duties based on business needs.
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications
- 2-3 years’ experience within matting operations in the oilfield or energy infrastructure sectors.
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment operation with knowledge of equipment maintenance an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to gain support and work effectively with customers and all members of the operations team and a variety of cross-functional departments.
- Must have experience tracking inventory using a system within a multiple location environment.
- Experience with process management and ability to lead a project from start to finish.
- Strong attention to detail and administrative skills necessary.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organization skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Solid computer skills necessary; strong MS Office experience (Outlook, Excel, Word) is an asset.
- Ability to operate a loader or excavator preferred, but not required.
- Must have a valid passport or ability to obtain one and willingness to travel within Canada and the United States.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Position will require 50% travel to meet ongoing business needs.
- Required to visit and perform spot checks on matting job sites several times a month.
- Working in office, shop or outdoor environment which may be wet or extreme cold depending on the season.
Health and Safety:
All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves.
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with information and training provided.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.