|Reports To:||Branch Manager and/or Field Supervisor|
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager and/or Field Supervisor, the Mat Washer will be responsible for the set up and servicing of Strad Matting products. The incumbent will need to be familiar with the products that Strad manufactures, sells and rents to customers.
- Responsible for service, repair and maintenance of Strad’s Matting equipment.
- Operate mat washer and duties tied to mat washer.
- Operate and maintain mat washing equipment and service equipment (i.e. Loaders, grapple and hoes ).
- Learn and be taught all aspects of mat washer.
- Comply to all safety rules and regulations.
- Set up, service, repair and maintenance of equipment outlined above.
- Travel as required to service equipment to meet customer’s needs.
- Communicate with Strad employees to ensure operations flow seamlessly. This will involve communicating with Dispatch, Billing Administrators, other Field Service Technicians and Supervisors and Management.
- Fill in appropriate field paperwork when required to do so by Field Supervisor.
- Fill in necessary computer databases when required to do so by Field Supervisor.
- Follow Company Policies and Procedures and adhere to Company Safety Standards and Safety Manual.
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications
- Previous oilfield experience preferred.
- Experience with setup, repair and maintenance of related oilfield equipment an asset.
- General mechanical skills and 3-phase electrical skills are preferred.
- Desire to provide top service for customers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; able to relate well with customers and coworkers.
- Flexible with time scheduling to meet customer needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Safety courses and related tickets are required (WHMIS, First Aid, H2S).
- Must be able to work alone.
- May be required to travel out of town for extended periods of time.
- Be free of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Requires strenuous activity – walking, bending, crouching and standing for long periods of time; must also be able to lift up to 100lbs.
- Must be mentally alert at all times.
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time safely in varying weather conditions.
- Work in outdoor weather conditions in wet and extreme cold.
Health and Safety:
All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions
- Work in accordance with information and training provided
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.