Safer Disposal of Fluid and Gas
During well-control situations, flare tanks allow disposal of drilling fluid and excess gas without harming the environment. Using a flare tank on a drill site also reduces the risks of injury, rig fires and water table contamination. Strad offers a variety of flare tanks for all types of field conditions.
- Single stack flare tanks are available to rent either with propane or an electronic igniter system (auto-timer).
- 110 volt remote igniter and lighting system are available on the 8m³, 12m³ and 20m³ flare tanks.
- 40′ of 3″ vac line with a 3″ ball valve and a female cam lock.
- 1 x 8″ for 8m³ flare tanks. 8″ lines can also be swedged down to a 6″ line if required.
- The degasser on 12m³ and 20m³ flare tanks is located inside a 4′ x 4′ x 3′ compartment, minimizing the volume of water or antifreeze required for gas suppression in summer and winter months.
- Two 4″ flare lines and one 6″ line.
- Unions for degasser connections and for 8″ hook up can be fitted to your needs.
- 36″ poor boy degasser.
- Two 100 lb propane bottles are secured on a removable skid and forklift accessible. There is 100′ of ⅜” propane hose located at the manifold shack.
- 12m³ have one 8″ flare line which is movable and can be converted from 8″ to 10″ or 8″ to 6″ upon request. Comes with a hammer union.
- 20m³ have two 8″ flare lines which are movable and can be converted from 8″ to 10″ or 8″ to 6″ upon request. Come with a hammer union.
- Pilots are 110 volt. There is one for each stack controlled by a gas manifold. These units are equipped with a hammer style ground rod and mounting lugs for easy storage. Full operating instructions are located on the electrical panel and must be reviewed prior to operation.
- Igniter system is a remote push button on a 100′ power cord that must be located at the manifold shack.
- Hammer unions must be specified before each unit is shipped.
Strad’s 8m³ (single stack) flare tanks offer an electronic igniter system on auto-timer for remote locations.
Strad’s 12m³ and 20m³ flare tanks come with adjustable-fit flare stacks that are easy to hook up because they slide. Strad also performs regular maintenance and field servicing on all units.
|8m³ / 67 BBL / 2,113 US gallons||12m³ / 75 BBL / 3,170 US gallons||20m³ / 125 BBL / 5,283 US gallons|
|5,000 lbs||12,195 lbs||15,629 lbs|
|8m³ flare tanks don’t have degassers||12m³ flare tanks have 2 stacks with adjustable fit flare stacks and a 36″ degasser|| 20m³ flare tanks have 3 stacks with adjustable fit flare stacks and a 36″ degasser|