Sales Representative, Corporate
Strad is a successful organization that thrives because of our great people working together to accomplish extraordinary things. Our core purpose is “Going Beyond, " which applies to how we treat our people. With competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a positive work environment, Strad is a perfect place to start and grow a career. Strad isn’t just a company; it’s a family, and we are always excited to add talented people to our team that share our core values or our “Guiding Principles.”
|Title||Sales Representative, Corporate - Edmonton, Grande Prairie, or Dawson Creek|
|Reports to||Chief Operating Office|
|Location or Area||Edmonton, AB, Grande Prairie, AB, or Dawson Creek, BC|
We are looking for a self-motivated, hard-working individual who can work from home and remote areas to help build and develop the growth of our Matting market in Canada. Expanding our Matting department and supporting our Rentals in large Construction projects, Power Distribution work and Pipeline Construction & Integrity segments that are consistent with Strad’s strategic direction.
- Create a new customer base and develop relationships and opportunities with Western Canada.
- Possess and communicate extensive knowledge and familiarity with the Strad project portfolio to customers.
- Strong and outgoing personal skills in cold calling and first-time customer impressions.
- Can adapt and utilize technology to connect face-to-face for potential customer interactions.
- Ability to manage time without direct supervision.
- Strong communication and computer skills in formal proposals, product presentation, and product management.
- Provide customer information to update management and Strad databases (NAV etc.) when required.
- Responsible for representing Strad directly to customers and potential customers.
- Manage Corporate Relationships in assigned region(s).
- Act as the main point of contact for customers at the corporate and field level.
- Work with team members in the Regions to develop and execute sales account strategies.
- Confers with potential customers to ascertain equipment, supplies, and service needs.
- Responsible for meeting monthly and quarterly sales targets.
- Work with Operations to ensure customer satisfaction on delivered opportunities.
Serve as liaison between Operations and the customers when required, ensuring a seamless customer experience.
- Ability to travel to various locations every week.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in Matting products sales is preferred.
- Project management experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in Microsoft Teams, Outlook and Excel.
- Proven sales track record preferred.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; able to relate well with customers and coworkers.
- Industrial Matting experience preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong computer and systems experience desired; knowledge of NAV system an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability and desire to consistently meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
Health and Safety:
All Employees, as a minimum, must:
- Maintain all current Safety Tickets
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves.
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with the information and training provided.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in the plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person immediately.
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.
- Have a valid Driver’s License.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or disability, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state and local law.