|Title:||Service Technician – Fort McMurray, AB|
|Reports To:||Branch Manager and/or Field Supervisor|
|Location:||Fort McMurray, AB|
Under the supervision of the Field Supervisor and/or Branch Manager, the Service Technician will be responsible for the set up and servicing Strad Energy Services products. The incumbent will need to be familiar with the products that Strad manufactures, sells and rents to customers.
- Responsible for helping out in the yard on the service, repair and maintenance of Strad Energy Services’ oilfield equipment such as (but not limited to):
- Invert Systems and Drilling Mud Storage (containment berms, transfer pumps, diesel transfer pumps, circulating pumps, portable vacuum systems)
- Trash Pumps, Flygt Pumps, Honda Pumps
- Shale Bins
- Light towers
- Floc Tanks
- Premix Tanks
- Flare Tanks
- 400 bbl Tanks
- Insulated Tanks
- Rig Mats
- JD 544-644 Loaders
- Fuel Storage
- Assisting with the set up and take down of tank farms
- Communicate with Strad employees to ensure operations flow seamlessly. This will involve communicating with Dispatch, Billing Administrators, other Field Service Technicians and Supervisors and management.
- Fill in appropriate field paperwork when required to do so by Field Supervisor.
- Fill in necessary computer databases when required to do so by Field Supervisor.
- Follow Company Policies and Procedures and adhere to Company safety standards and Safety Manual.
Knowledge, Education, Skills, Capabilities & Qualifications:
- Previous oilfield experience preferred but not required.
- Desire to provide top service for customers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; able to relate well with customers and coworkers.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Safety courses and related tickets are required (WHMIS, First Aid, H2S).
- Must be able to work alone.
- Be free of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Requires strenuous activity – walking, bending, crouching, and standing for long periods of time; also must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be mentally alert at all times.
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time safely in varying weather conditions.
- Work in outdoor weather conditions in wet and extreme cold.
Health and Safety
All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves.
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with information and training provided.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.